As we raise our glasses to welcome the new year, it’s time to reflect on the milestones, achievements, and strides that have defined ListEdTech’s journey through the past twelve months. Join us for this overview of ListEdTech’s projects of 2023, a testament to the pursuit of excellence and innovation that has fueled our success.
Milestones for ListEdTech
- In March, we welcomed James Wiley to the team. Drawing on James’s more than two decades of experience in education technology, we have launched a new data interpretation service, a much-needed resource for companies and investors. Our service portfolio also includes quarterly calls to support companies in their growth.
- The year 2023 marked the arrival of our 25th employee to the team. It’s surreal to think that in the beginning, I considered this adventure as a fun side project. We’ve come a long way since 2014.
- In October, we launched Version 2.0 of our portal. For institutions, the most significant change in the portal has been the possibility of creating peer grouping to compare themselves with their competition. We are also preparing new features in the following months: RFP lookup for institutions and companies and an easier way for companies wishing to acquire more knowledge to request data purchases within the portal.
The Continuous Expansion of Our Database
Over 2023, we continued to gain more information and knowledge on many product categories. Over the past 12 months, we have added 45,145 institution product lines in over 50 categories. As showcased in the graph below, the most active product categories were:
- Content Management Systems (+4,000 lines),
- Library Information Systems (+3,500 lines),
- Student Information Systems (SIS; +2,800 lines),
- Learning Management Systems (LMS; +2,800 lines), and
- Email Systems (+2,000 lines).
In addition to institution product lines, we continued to amass information on RFPs and contracts. Over the past year, we have added more than 1,000 RFPs to our database. As mentioned in the previous section, our paid portal users will soon have access to more information on these documents.
Top Blog Posts of 2023
Our newsletter subscribers and website visitors seem to enjoy our posts on LMS, SIS and company profiles. Here is our TOP10 for our weekly blog posts:
- What 25,000 Implementations Tell Us About the North American LMS Market
- Historical Evolution of the HigherEd SIS Market Share: September 2023 Update
- Learning Management Systems in Canada
- An Update on the K-12 SIS Implementations
- Instructure: From LMS to Learning Ecosystem
- D2L: Transforming How the World Learns
- Dual View: Another Perspective on the Market Share
- Are Universities Ready for a Subscription Model?
- Predicting What Institutions Will Select for Their Next LMS
- Educational Use of Payment Solutions
Although this TOP10 shows that our readers crave the LMS and SIS categories, we have published posts on more than 10 different product groups in the past year. In addition, since our inception, we have written content on 27 different product groups. We are taking this opportunity to encourage you to submit post ideas should you want ListEdTech to go over a topic, a solution, a product category or a company.
At ListEdTech, we wish you all a Happy New Year!